DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Phonophoresis is a physiotherapy combining the effect of high-frequency ultrasound waves with the use of medications. Such a combination enhances the effect, since both the active medication substances and ultrasonic waves work.
HOW THE PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED?
When the ultrasound handpiece touches the patient's skin, vibrations are created and mechanical energy turns into thermal one, stimulating the recovery processes.
The procedure does not cause pain and discomfort, patients have only a slight warm feeling in the treated area. In case of any unpleasant sensation, it is important to inform a specialist about it to adjust the efficacy.
Usually the course takes 10-15 sessions. The procedure duration depends on the indications, the treated area and other factors. Usually 15 minutes is enough to get the desired effect.
- inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, myositis, spondylarthritis, etc.;
- degenerative-dystrophic diseases, structural changes of tissues: arthrosis, spinal osteochondrosis, etc.;
- spinal disc herniation, protrusion;
- scars after surgery;
- chronic inflammatory processes of the reproductive and urinary systems
- the injuries suffered and their consequences.
- malignant tumors;
- severe pathologies of the cardiovascular system;
- acute and chronic pyoinflammatory conditions;
- severe endocrine disorders;
- large moles in the treated area;
- blood diseases.
RESULTS OF THE PROCEDURE
- ultrasound has positive effects:
- mild anti-inflammatory effect;
- improvement of blood microcirculation;
- activation of metabolic processes;
- improved lymph flow;
- normalization of tissue compliance;
- improved regeneration of muscles, tendons, cartilage, and ligaments.
THIS PROCEDURE IS INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING TREATMENT PACKAGE DEALS